Listing is for a single 5.6mm M140 445nm diode.
These are the brand new more powerful M140 diodes from the new M series projectors. These are different than the previous A140 didoes that everyone else is selling by about 30% on average for power output.
Now there is a way to tell if you are being sold a low efficiency A series diode or the new higher power M series. Check out this thread. If your diode does not have the dot above the bar code you have bought the lower power 445. This will help those who have possibly been scammed by sellers selling the lower output diode as a 2W diode.
The A140 runs @ 1.25A for best life expectancy and the M140 runs best @ 1.7A for best life expectancy. I suggest a max of 1.8A with appropriate heatsinking. Some of the more efficient of these diodes have peaked as high as 2.7W with a 405-G-2 lens.
Here are some pictures of the guts of this new diode next to the old.
The M140 on the right has a larger die and the base is larger than the A140 on the left.
The A140 has only three wires to carry the current.
The M140 has four wires giving it the ability to run @ higher currents.
Now here is how to tell if you have a higher power M140 or a the lower power A140. On the M140 there is a circle above the bar code.
Here is where it started
Extracted the safest way by using a no heat non pin stressing method. A
lot of seller will not want to take the time to do this and will just
use a soldering iron and this can burn the glue that holds the pins in
place. Leading to diminished life of your diode.
Max suggested current is 1.8A to the diode. Don't attempt
to connect directly to a battery you must use a current limiting driver. I do offer a boost driver that is
capable of driving this diode off a single Li-Ion see my other offerings below.
Diodes are sensitive and should not be run or soldered until pressed in a module/heatsink. laser diodes also are current hungry and should never be run without a current limiting driver. Check my other items below for an appropriate driver.
Diodes are tested to be in working order and packaged in an antistatic bag. Please use ESD precautions and short your driver leads discharging any capacitors before hooking up your driver to the diode.
The Aixiz 405/445 Three Element Glass or the Single Element G-1 lenses are the most commonly used with these diodes in conjunction with a 12mm Aixiz module as the diodes housing.
Here is one of my favorite hosts. The Sirius 1-C
If you are looking for a host here are some of the more popular host/heatsink kits that will work with these diodes and if you want something that is not listed in those links that I show in my tutorials below shoot me a message and I can point you in the right direction for them.;)
Here is a list of tutorials I have made and experiments that can help give you ideas for your next project.
***********Check Out My Reviews & Build Tutorials**********
Shipping is Free in the US
$10+$5 for each additional item for First Class mail "Not Tracked" Delivery estimate is 10-30 business days most falling around 15.
$35 for Express 5-7 day Tracked with Delivery Confirmation.(Recommended)
By purchasing these diodes you are agreeing to the following.
- You are over 18 years of age .
- You understand that these components that are mentioned above are dangerous when not properly assembled into a finished product.
- You will use these as components and properly incorporate them into a finished product.
- You will use these diodes/modules in a safe and responsible manner and for a legal purpose.
- You are legally responsible for the use of these components, improper use of these components or their end products.
- You are legally responsible for any injury to anybody resulting from the use of or assembly of these components or their finished products.
- You Accept this diode/module as a COMPONENT for integration in a system of YOUR OWN design and will be legally responsible from any and all LIABILITIES These Diodes and Modules are sold solely as a component for incorporation into the customer's end products. Therefore, this diode/module is exempt from compliance with the appropriate requirements of FDA 21CFR, section 1040.10 and 1040.11 for complete products.